Monday, December 8, 2008

Little by Little

That's how I'm approaching the next 5weeks or whatever until Mountain Mist.  I am definitely still in recovery mode, still overcoming some aches and pains and tight spots.  This last week was aboout 26miles total.  That makes my weekly total equal to the amount I ran two Sundays before.  That's okay.  I'd rather be well recovered and a little undertrained than overtrained and injured.  

This is the beginning of finals week(s), so things have picked up fast.  I will definitely be getting my miles in though.  In fact, they will be a much desired break and release from studying and exams.  

The last week had some very nice runs with friends.  Saturday was particularly nice because it was a beautiful crisp morning on the trails of Percy Warner with a really good friend.  We had blast.  The 7mi were just about what I wanted and needed too.  

This week I plan on doing a 12mi run at PWP on Wednesday morning with locals and friends.  Should be fun.  I will be resisting the hammerfest that may develop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you missed a good one this morning - light rain, never ending puddles, muck, and jamie's never ending banter!

Gary said...

Yeah. I had some unexpected circumstances that kept me from coming. I was bummed to miss it. And he said he left with no mud on him...