Tuesday, September 16, 2008

MidWeek Injury Report

Out of commission for the time being with a knee problem. The good news: I got on my bike for the first time since April. After a rough second season of road racing last year, I felt burnt out and have just not ridden since. Today's easy ride felt great though. The weather is wonderful right now in Middle Tennessee. The knee didn't hurt while riding.

In addition, I saw a sports trainer today. He gave me some rehab stretch bands and showed me exercises and stretches, so I will be working on that. My hip, knee, and ankle flexibility are really bad. For example, I cannot sit indian style. I also ordered a foam roller lastnight after being introduced to them within the last week. They are great. I have been using one several times in the last week and I think it will make a big difference for me - hopefully soon.

Climbing
In other non-running news, I ordered a starter kit (harness, biner, chalkbag), some sweet new rock shoes, and some extra biners today. I used some beat up ol' Sportiva Cliffs for my CO trip that I bought used. They were/are worn out AND too big. I'm looking forward to breaking these new babies in soon before going to Table Rock/Linville Gorge, NC for fall break. More news on this later.

No comments: