Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hop, Skip and Stump Jump to Chattanooga

Getting ready to head down to Chattaboogie Friday afternoon.  A buddy and I will pick up our packets, eat a nice meal, and then camp out near the start.  I'm excited for it.  I'd like to push myself this Saturday both to guage my fitness and to not sell myself short.  I want a good glimpse at what a tough trail race is like.  

Running this week has not been the best.  I had a test last Friday, this past Tuesday morning, and just tonight.  I did get the good 18miler on Sunday and made it out to Percy Warner Tuesday after my test as well.  There, I ran 3 laps of the white Warner Woods trail (~2.5mi).  The first two laps I averaged just about an eight minute pace (and that trail is no joke).  I dogged the 3rd loopt.  It was a good run and a good preview for this weekend.  However, I have not run since then.  So that is 7.5mi for this week.  This time last week, I had 19mi under the belt.  Oh well, I will run Sat and climb on Sunday and make do.  

Sunday I will be climbing ALL day at Foster Falls.  It's a great place and I hope to really build some skills and learn how to place some protection (I love trad climbing).  I'll update this as soon as possible after running SJ and climbing.

No comments: