Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blah

I couldn't even run. That's right, this morning I went for a walk rather than a run. I woke up, contemplated going back to sleep but decided I needed to run. I headed out and just couldn't do it. After just a few steps I felt crappy, my shin was bothering me, and my arms are still sore from Monday. So I walked . . . around the block. That was it. Went to work, did some weight training this afternoon.

Taking it easy is probably a wise choice right now. After all, I have increased my distance and my intensity the last couple weeks. The hills on and off road raise the heart rate and stress the legs more, and I feel it. In addition, my days have been more physically demanding now that I'm working all day, outside doing construction work.

Tomorrow is a rest day followed by 13mi on Saturday.

Cheers.

No comments: