Friday, July 4, 2008

Busy Weekend

Happy Independence Day to everyone. I started my holiday by waking up early and walking in a parade with my family. My job: walk beside a horse pulling my mom in a cart. This is a mini-horse, mind you, about 3ft high. Well, this cute little guy got excited and bolted while we were getting him ready. Cart and all, he ran through the parking lot jumping barriers and ran down a dirt trail. We caught him and went through the parade alright, with me helping to guide him by the halter. It made for an interesting start to the day.

Running wise I plan on running 8mi tonight at the Withlacoochee State Forest. It should be a nice peaceful run. It will be my last run here until August. I am headed to Huntsville, AL on Sunday to work with a faith-based community development non-profit. It's a great organization that is helping many poor families in the area get on their feet and to break out from the cycle of poverty. It's been pretty boring at times here at home, so I am looking forward to working in Huntsville and exploring Monte Sano. Before I head out on Sunday, I am helping to move my sister and her hubby into their new condo in Gainesville where they will both be going to school. All together it will be a busy weekend. It's a good thing I scheduled my running around it. :)

Update: The trail run tonight was pretty good. I ran at 5pm so it was HOT (90+ degrees plus FL humidity). I ran 7. It was unusually difficult. I did learn some things though: 1) I cannot run even within a couple hours of eating, 2) I need to experiment w/ speed walking climbs, 3) Run in the morning to avoid heat, digestion probs, and conflicts. I'm tired but feel good about the run.

No comments: