Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hooray Trails

So I went with the trail option for today's run and the afternoon time slot. After I dropped some kids off for a play rehearsal I made it out to Monte Sano for a six mile therapy session. It was good. I felt like I ran a brisk pace (10:30), and it was compared to the 12:-- pace I ran on Saturday's 11-miler. My eyes and feet got a work out from the rocky and curvy trail, and my legs took care of the rest. I must say though, the bad thing about running solo is that there is no one to clear the spider webs. I came home with the equivalent volume of a silk scarf I think.

Trail Report
-
Sinks: this short trail (1.2mi) has some decent elevation change
- Goat Trail (2.6 mi): this is a formidable trail. It isn't super steep or technical but all things considered it could be a real tough trail at the end of the day. It is very windy and feels deep in the woods. The trickiest part is the loose footing - roots and rocks galore. Not big rocks or rock gardens but a lot of small rocks ready to trip or slide or just jab your foot. It worked my 'path choosing' a lot.

I also ran on the Mt. Mist and South Plateau Loop trails. Check my last trail report for those.

No comments: