Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome to Cashville

I'm back at Vandy, moved in to my spacious double dorm room, and celebrated by running the wonderful 11.2 mi loop in Percy Warner Park. The famous loop is known for it's undulating terrain and beautiful wooded scenery, AND makes up most of the Flying Monkey Marathon in November. This run felt great. I ran with a friend who is doing the FMM with me. We cruised at a faster than expected pace, chatted, enjoyed the scenery and peace and quiet. I just soaked it in. I have ridden the loop many times with the VU cycling club and have always admired the park, but running it is even better. Next step is to cover the network of hiking trails!

We finished up the run with 5 more miles on Belle Meade Blvd, which is a stretch of street through a very nice neighborhood. Both sides of the road are littered with cyclists and runners - it's very motivating.

Overall, a great run. I just have to work out my recovery routine now that I'm at school. Since I was late for church, my refueling consisted of 2 Ensures for the following 2 hours before lunch (McDougals Chicken - delicious but terribly greasy). And since I'm in the dorm, I don't have access to a tub or ice = no ice bath. :( I'll have to figure that one out. Well, classes start tomorrow, so posting may be sporadic.

No comments: